Search This Blog

Friday 6 May 2011

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?



For my ancillary task i had to create a film poster and a film review page to assist my final short film production. I created both, by using Photoshop, which played a major role in my A1 project.

Here is a plan for my film poster, i found this very useful in the planning and researching stage.



Film Poster



I followed a typical convention lay out. For example, title, and production company and producers in small print at the bottom of the poster. I used the "Smudge tool" on the victim's face, to make it look more effective and sinister.

Here is a plan for my film poster, i found this very useful in the planning and researching stage.



Here is my Film Review Page



As you can see i wanted to create a conventional lay out, which would look good in a film magazine. I used a Location image, so that the image would not give away too much of the narrative. However to make i look more effective i changed the lighting on the image. I also used "stars" on my film review page, as it is very conventional. When writing the quotes, i used Famous names of the film industry, to give a more professional feel to my film review page.

No comments:

Post a Comment